Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 Emily Nunn  told the Boston Globe that she decided to start her food newsletter because, well, see the post below. 

“When people ask me why I did it, I say that I couldn’t figure out what people wanted from me as a writer, so I decided to write about the things I wanted to read.

Her newsletter is devoted to salad and her tuna fish edition won the attention of The Boston Globe food writer Sheryl Julian,

Growing up, I took a tuna sandwich on white bread to school for lunch every single day. I still love tuna salad even when it hasn’t been sitting in a brown paper bag for hours and soaked through the bread and the waxed paper it was wrapped in. I practically needed a spoon to eat those sandwiches. Today, the only thing better than having a stack of canned tuna on the pantry shelf is having a container of salad already made, waiting in the fridge.

Now you understand why I was thrilled when I encountered an entire treatise on the subject of canned tuna by longtime journalist Emily Nunn, who has been writing The Department of Salad newsletter since October 2020. 



No comments: