Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spalding Gray lives on, mon

One of my students described my lectures something like this: It's like listening to a crazy person talk to herself in a rant for an hour and a half.

No wonder I love the late Spalding Gray. Two more nights to see this show, Bostonians. I saw it on the Vineyard. Theo signed a copy of my book.

Stories Left to Tell catapults the audience into the hilarious, heartbreaking, and ultimately remarkable life of one of the most irreverent and revered storytellers of our time. A five person ensemble perform the beloved classics and never-before-heard stories that embrace the wit and wisdom found in the words of Spalding Gray.

SPALDING GRAY: Stories Left to Tell
At Institute of Contemporary Art, Thursday through March 1. Tickets: $20, discounts available. 617-478-3103, www.icaboston.org

No comments: