Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let's get literary

I've been indulging my journalists, but time for some literature.

Lots of great readings coming up in Harvard Square, including a few of my favorites: T.C. Boyle and Azar Nafisti, the author of Reading Lolita in Tehran who has a new memoir coming out.

I also see HBS is sponsoring a fiction writing contest. Since I only teach non-fiction, my students can't enter a class assignment. But, it would be a nice way to practice setting a scene.

Harvard Book Store, local online literary journal Meeting House, and three esteemed local authors are joining forces to sponsor a "Set in Harvard Square" short-fiction writing contest, the top three winning submissions of which will be read at our February Winedown. And, as always at our Winedowns, vino will be served (on the house).

In celebration of the local, we’re looking for a few good stories set in the environs of Harvard Square. (Stories may be written in any style and set in any time period.)

No comments: